ASHBURN, Va. — The cornerback place for the Washington Football Workforce isn’t a dire will need in the 2021 NFL Draft, but nonetheless … Perhaps a excellent team can hardly ever have more than enough of them.
The WFT devote massive on William Jackson III and even now has Kendall Fuller and Jimmy Moreland.
They lost Ronald Darby and Fabian Moreau in absolutely free company.
**We are making use of a blend of the NFL Draft Bible rankings (NDB) and also details from ProFootballFocus.com (PFF) and the SIS Football Rookie Handbook.
1. Jaycee Horn – South Carolina: No. 1 on the NDB rankings with 4.39 velocity. Looks like a superior pure athlete than Surtain. A push-gentleman corner when used very best with limited protection capabilities but a propensity to just take some penalties.
2. Patrick Surtain – Alabama: Surtain has the NFL bloodlines that Horn has and is an inch-and-a-half taller. Experienced an 89.9/100 in PFF grading. Has a good deal of encounter in push guy-coverage.
3. Aaron Robinson – UCF: Principally a slot player but at just shy of 6-toes – he could changeover exterior in the NFL and keep on to play the intense in-your-facial area style that he did at Central Florida.
4. Eric Stokes – Ga: Very good dimension and a excellent 40-yard dash (4.31) typically implies pretty superior factors. This past 12 months, Stokes authorized only 16-of-28 targets for 145 yards with 4 picks, for every PFF.
Now can Stokes carry that in excess of and unite in Washington with an additional Eric Stokes, the WFT Senior Director of Participant Staff.
5. Greg Newsome II – Northwestern: Per PFF, Newsome ‘allowed all of 12 catches on 34 targets for 93 yards in 2020.’ A bit uncooked dependent on a deficiency of encounter but Newsome is explained to have genuinely very good feet and is scheme versatile.
6. Caleb Farley – Virginia Tech: At 6’2″ 207 – has every little thing you would want – with exception of the new back again surgical treatment and skipping out on 2020.
That is a big offer in our intellect. Skipping the time is one particular detail but then coming up with a back again trouble that necessary operation is terrifying.
We feel Washington must keep away in this article, no issue what Drew Rosenhaus (his agent) has fed to the national insiders.
7. Asante Samuel Jr. – Florida Condition: A steadily strengthening participant with exceptional NFL bloodlines but we ponder if we’d see him hold up outside in the NFL that would be hard …, so he figures to just mostly keep in the slot.
Browse Additional: Yet another week, yet another Dan Snyder lawful submitting
8. Ifeatu Melifonwu – Syracuse: Above 6’2″ and has the for a longer period arms that groups are seeking for to split up passes with a vast radius. Needs to be a lot more effective general and the great dimension and athleticism did not exactly assist his brother, Obi, on the next degree.
9. Jevon Holland – Oregon: This is a difficult a single. Yet another 2020 opt-out but a former protection turned corner (mainly slot) and has graded very effectively in coverage around his two seasons with the Ducks for each PFF.
Most NFL persons list Holland (6-, 207) as a safety. But we are heading to cheat a tiny, for the reason that he is so several. … His versatility really should sing to Washington.
10. TIE Keith Taylor – Washington/Benjamin St. Juste – Minnesota: Two 6’2″ + corners that have a bunch of upside but are nevertheless uncooked and need to have more improvement. Could be fine fifth-round in addition suits.